Mr. Myette's Lord of the Flies Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preliminary questions

3 posters

Go down

Preliminary questions Empty Preliminary questions

Post by Hillarymast Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 am

1.) no cheating, be honest, live for yourself, make time for your family first, no violence unless self defense, respect yourself and others around you, don't judge a book by its cover, think before you speak, freedom of speech, never refuse help, follow your gut.
2.) I have rules which I live my life by because without them you'll have nothing to ground you, you won't think about others, or think about yourself.
3.) depends on the person some people have a reason behind the chaos some people get lost in their chaos.
4.) there are definitely different rules for different religions and cultures for example, me personally I live by a mix of all religions like Buddhist they say always be honest and Christian which is don't cheat. Because they follow these rules doesn't mean their religion defines them it's just a matter of respect to it.
5.) the Ten Commandments definitely play a role in my life, I treat people with respect, I have freedom of speech, I express myself freely and don't judge the way people express themselves.
6.) religions create rules to show respect, like women having to cover their body it's to respect others eyes and to respect your husband. It's all a respect factor and the "right" way to live.
7.) I believe their is a difference between religious codes and non religious codes, because religious people kind of have something telling them to live this way however non religious people only have themselves to tell them how to live.

Hillarymast

Back to top Go down

Preliminary questions Empty Re: Preliminary questions

Post by Admin Mon May 22, 2017 11:46 am

Hillarymast wrote:1.) no cheating, be honest, live for yourself, make time for your family first, no violence unless self defense, respect yourself and others around you, don't judge a book by its cover, think before you speak, freedom of speech, never refuse help, follow your gut.
2.) I have rules which I live my life by because without them you'll have nothing to ground you, you won't think about others, or think about yourself.
3.) depends on the person some people have a reason behind the chaos some people get lost in their chaos.
4.) there are definitely different rules for different religions and cultures for example, me personally I live by a mix of all religions like Buddhist they say always be honest and Christian which is don't cheat. Because they follow these rules doesn't mean their religion defines them it's just a matter of respect to it.
5.) the Ten Commandments definitely play a role in my life, I treat people with respect, I have freedom of speech, I express myself freely and don't judge the way people express themselves.
6.) religions create rules to show respect, like women having to cover their body it's to respect others eyes and to respect your husband. It's all a respect factor and the "right" way to live.
7.) I believe their is a difference between religious codes and non religious codes, because religious people kind of have something telling them to live this way however non religious people only have themselves to tell them how to live.

Really thoughtful, Hill! - Myette

Admin
Admin

https://lordofthefliesmytai.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cesar.ca Mon May 22, 2017 10:08 pm

1. Do not kill, no cheating, appreciate what you have and never compare yourself with others, see the positive in every situation, live in the moment, do not worry about the foture, drop the ego and be true, have an open mind, respect the others and yourself.

2. To live and function in a society, we must have rules we mostly all agree upon. Sometimes these rules are informal rules, like the ones we have at home and in the classroom.

3. If the rules and laws did not exist the world would be chaos, it is necessary to follow rules to be able to live together and maintain a society within a possible equilibrium where all the people in that society can live in peace. In cities where there is more chaos is where rules of coexistence are not followed and people do not respect others. Your limit ends where the other basic rule of coexistence begins.

4. Not all the people have the same rules, it depends on the culture that they have. All of them follow the same idea, the idea of respect each other.

5. The 10 commandments play a very important role in my life, since they are based on my education. The idea of ​​always respecting is something I have had since I was a kid and I have been learning to improve this one.

6. Without established rules in a community, there would be chaos. Cultures have created rules to create an environment of peace where all members have respect for each other.

7. I believe that there is a difference, secular humanists are define with expressing connection with others, but in as much as they are secular.

cesar.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down