Answer these questions below

Go down

Answer these questions below

Post by Admin on Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 am

1. List as many "rules to live by" as you can. Rules can come from religious codes of conduct, moral philosophy experiences you have had, or any other source that has inspired you to behave in a certain way.

2. Why do you have rules by which to live your life?

3. What would happen if people did not live by rules?

4. Are there different rules for different people, cultures, religions, etc.?

5. Do the Ten Commandments - or another set of principles -  play a role in your life? If so, how? If not, why not? (*Note: this is not intended to be a religious discussion).

6. Why do you think cultures create rules of conduct for their members?

7. Do you think there is a difference between religious codes of conduct and secular ones? If so, what is it?

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://lordofthefliesmytai.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question Response

Post by MNguyen23 on Thu May 18, 2017 3:38 pm

1. The rules I live by in life is the ten commandments as well as basic rules like respecting others, etc. The reason why I chose to believe in these rules would be one I practice my religion and two its just the right thing to do.
2. Because we need someone or something to be an example. We also need rules to learn how to be a mature adult as well as how its also common sense.
3. If people don't live by rules, then they will suffer the consequences. The consequences for example would be if you were to kill someone. If you were to kill someone, you will eventually be caught and would have to go to jail for the rest of your life just for a dumb decision you made or because it is someone you hate.
4. There are different rules for other people mainly in religion and sometimes culture. This though doesn't impact the modern living rules in which you have to obey the normal laws of each state, which is you shouldn't kill and steal or else you are going to be persecuted or sent to jail for the rest of your life.
5. The ten commandments play a role in my life because its part of my religion and I also re-read the commandments when at church in order to memorize them. The commandments aren't just church -related, its also part of the outside of church since you shouldn't commit adultery, kill or steal.
6. Cultures just have a different set of obligations to follow ever since their ancestors were the ones who have been practicing them and passing them down to their family.
7. No not very much since most is just common sense and basic things in life that you shouldn't do since if you commit the crime, you then will suffer, so mostly it is just common sense in life being practiced in different forms of religions.

MNguyen23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Answer these questions below

Post by Kyle Peeples on Fri May 19, 2017 12:38 pm

1) Rules that I live is the ten commandments, the golden rule, and basic manners. The reason I follow these is because I believe they are the right thing to do, such as treating others nicely and respectively.

2) I have rules by which to live my life for many reasons, one of these reasons being that it keeps everything in order and prevents people from going insane and it also ensures that everything will be undercontrol unless someone decides to break these sets of rules.

3) If people did not live by the rules, they would either get out of control, or they will mess up the order of things. This could lead into fights or arguments.

4) Yes, rules are different in every household and classroom, but I do believe there is a basic set of rules everyone should go by, which is the ten commandments.

5) Yes the ten commandments do play a role in my life, I do live by them. I do so by respecting others and not stealing, etc.

6) I believe cultures create rules of conduct for their members because if there were no rules, chaos would happen. Like in the novel, Lord of the Flies.

7) Yes I do think there is a difference between religious codes of conduct and secular ones because some religions have different sets of rules or restrictions, for example, diets. But secular ones generally do not have these qualities.

Kyle Peeples

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Spalding on Sat May 20, 2017 5:29 pm

1. I live by the constitution of the United States and the other laws in America and basic responsibilities. The reason I the rules in this country is because if I don't then I could be arrested.

2. We have these rules and laws because to keep order and justice in America, and if the rules are not enforced, then there will be major chaos.

3. If people don't live by the rules then there would be disorder and chaos in America with murder and thefts around every corner.

4. I would think so I am not a very religious person but a lot of my friends have different rules than I do at my house so I would imagine that most homes have different rules.

5. I follow most of them except the first two because I think it is immoral to kill, steal, dishonor parents, and cheat or be jealous.

6. If they don't make those laws then events that happened in Lord of the Flies would happen including savagery, murder, and psychotic behavior.

7. No because it has been shown in many historic documents, like the English Bill of Rights, French Bill of Rights, and the Bill of Rights are all influenced by the Ten Commandments.

Jack Spalding

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My response

Post by _Karlitos :v on Sun May 21, 2017 1:16 pm

1.The rules by which I live by (besides the U.S. law, although they are related) are:
-To don't drink alcohol nor do any kind of drugs.
- To be an responsible student in all subjects; doing every single assignment and project from all my classes. I have to get away from bad grades .Otherwise, my parents have the right to confiscate my computer and cellphone; and I dont want this to happen.
- To respect my parents all the time and under any circumstances and to respect everyone else; if for some reason I disrespect someone, I should apologize and change my aptitude towards that person.
These rules come from my own values, experiences,and opinion about what is correct and what is not.
2.I have rules by which to live because I have goals and purposes in life, and the way to reach and carry out them is with order and rules .
3. Everybody would do what he/ she wants to do, and sometimes what we want to do is not the best choice. For example, if I hate someone and I choose to attack him/her , I would be in trouble with his/her friends and family and end up having enemies.
4. Yes, there are. For example, some people have the rule of not eating animal products of any kind. Other people have the rule that women should not show their hair in public. While others allow and even encourage women to exhibit fancy hairstyles.
However, there are also common rules for everyone, whiched are the laws of the country/ state in which you live.
5. Not exactly, because I left christianism 4 years ago. But I say not exactly because I still share some of the rules of the 10 commandments , for example, I dont kill people nor rob them.
6. For them to be united, connected. And If the citizens/members are united, so does the community; and a united community progresses better and faster.
7. Yes, because the religious rules are usually more estrict and include loyality and devotion toward the deity/ deities of the religions.

_Karlitos :v

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelNguyenPer4 on Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 pm

1.) List as many "rules to live by" as you can. Rules I lived by are the US Laws (Constitution or state laws) and the Ten Commandments. Both have similar laws like: Do not Murder, Do not Steal, Freedom, and many others. These laws or rules are to control society.

2.) Why do you have rules by which to live your life? If there was any laws or rules like I said in question one making this world into chaos. Having people do horrible things to each other because no one is controlling his or her's behavior. Keeping in order of the way people are living.

3.) What would happen if people did not live by rules? The world if didn't have laws would be chaotic. This world comparing to a chaotic world would have a lot of changes. In my opinion I wouldn't believe that the chaotic world would have technology as improve as theirs. May have lots of issues. Not be able to negotiate with each other as well as we do. I believe that murder or theft would be very huge. Especially when it's on US Laws and also the Ten Commandments.

4.) Are there different rules for different people, cultures, religions, etc.? Of course. There may be laws or religions laws that may depend on the person. Especially culture is another. Having holidays or important events. There may be laws of no eating meat. As a Catholic during the Advent season not able to eat meat on Friday. That is different to US laws.

5.) Do the Ten Commandments - or another set of principles - play a role in your life? These laws also affect many people because countries or religion laws won't set the same laws. Every place around the world would have different laws then where we live. It affects other people opinions. Some places may have laws of allowing that when here may not or what religion you are.

6.) Why do you think cultures create rules of conduct for their members? Create a connection to no matter the race or looks. A huge circle as the laws are in the middle hoping that you will follow them as those around you are doing the same.

7.) Do you think there is a difference between religious codes of conduct and secular ones? If so, what is it? Yes, some religion or people may disagree with laws that US or any other countries have on their list.

MichaelNguyenPer4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Questions

Post by Tommy Cacciapaglia on Sun May 21, 2017 6:38 pm

1.) Be honest
Try your very best
Learn as much as you can
Family first
2.) You have rules to live your life because it would be dangerous if you didn't. Rules keep people busy and out of trouble. If there were no rules in life, it would be complete chaos.
3.) If people didn't live by rules, there would be a lawless society where people would go around committing crimes with no one stopping them.
4.) Different cultures and religions live by different rules. Whatever they believe in, that makes their rules by which they live by.
5.) I do not live by any formal set of rules. I live by what I think is morally right.
6.) Cultures want to be successful and in order to do that, they enforce rules that their members need to follow.
7.) Yes because religious codes of conduct are based on something people believe in. Secular codes of conduct are nonreligious.

Tommy Cacciapaglia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnson chen on Sun May 21, 2017 7:07 pm

1. I live by the ten commandemts and my religion and school and home rules because its the right way to do things in life and i was taught to do it.
2. Because i was taught to lived by it and since people have been living this rules for thousands of years why not live by it since its been doing great for so long.
3. If we didnt have rules then people could do all of the illegal things that the law says we cant do like killing and stealing from others.
4. Of course there are different rules, culture, and religion for everybody because everybody either believes in the same thing or different religions and culture because they thinks its the right thing to do in life.
5. Well basic rules like be respectful to others and be kind to tbe older people are the things i follow. But i mostly follow by my religion which is buddhism because there's this thing call the precepts that say no killing or harming living things, no drinking alchol or take drugs, no stealing from others unless given to you, no telling lies, no wrong doing relationships, and no unkindly speaking to others, etc. I follow most of them except telling lies and unkindly speaking.
6. People create these rules for the culture because it is what they thought people needed to live by and if our ancestors did then its good.
7. Yes because my religion says dont do what i said in #6's answer, but secular rules are basically nonreligious rules like drinking at this age or harming living things and even being able to do drugs.

Johnson chen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by its.amy.13 on Sun May 21, 2017 8:45 pm

1. The rules I choose to live by are stated within the Bible. Even if i was not a Christian and did not believe in God I think I would still live by most of these rules anyway. Common sense of what good and bad; right and wrong; benevolent and cruel truly is is how I was raised to behave. The golden rule, courtesy, mannerism, putting others before yourself, and anything along those lines.

2. Like everyone else, I chose whether or not I wanted to be a good person, to obey the laws of my country, to obey my parents, to listen to my teachers, to be mean to someone, or even stand up to a bully. These rules we all grew up listening to and automatically obeying are what keep everyone in order so no one thinks it's okay to step out of line whenever they feel like it.

3. If no one were to live by these same rules as we all already do, then we wouldn't have a democracy we would have anarchy. Without a system in place, the human mind would have a terrible twist to what is actually good and what is pure evil. Rules without people listening to them are just a bunch of words on paper. "Thou shalt not kill" would mean nothing to people if they have no rules or consequences to their actions.

4. Yes. Everyone has his or her own set of standards by which to live by. Religions and cultures definitely have its affect of how people perceive certain things. If you were raised up in a family that loved seeing the bull fights and eating its meat after the fight was over, then you wouldn't have any idea that there is a lot of things wrong with how people go about killing these bulls. I wouldn't say that there is "different rules" more like they are all the same rules just viewed from many different angles.

5. Yes, the Ten Commandments do play a role in my life. From making sure I know to honor my parents to keeping a promise to Him to not say His name in vain. The Ten Commandments keep me in check; they make sure I am going the right direction.

6. They create rules of conduct to have a stabilized order, a way to do things, and with rules there's not much confusion behind that. The rules are set in place and once it is noticed that they must be obeyed then from then on you do as it says.
7. I don't think there's is a difference and if there is it might just be a slight difference. Maybe the difference is that if rules of conduct for religion you do things just for your religion not yourself but i guess with the rules of conduct for secular reasons it's detached for any religion so you're free to do what you please.

its.amy.13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aya on Sun May 21, 2017 10:14 pm

1) The rules I live by in life are the rules in my religion. Knowing what’s right and what’s wrong. Having manners as well as being open minded. I also follow rules like the 10 commandments and other basic laws that are common sense.
2) We have rules to live by so they can keep us out of things that we do not want to be involved in. also, so we can learn from these rules what is right and wrong. They keep us in check.
3) If people did not live by rules, they won’t know what is good and bad. Everyone would be doing terrible stuff that they might not see as wrong. They wouldn’t learn from anything and it would be chaos.
4) Yes there are different rules for cultures and religions and etc. they all believe in different things. But they also have very similar rules that are followed by everyone no matter how different the culture/religion/etc is.
5) Yes the 10 commandments have a big role in my life because they give me the right to follow my religion and have free speech.
6) I think cultures create rules of conduct for their members so everyone can be equal and follow the same rules. The rules keep them in check and in order.
7) Yes, there is a difference between religious and secular rules. Religious rules most of the time have something related to god and the way we worship go. Secular rules are more about how we should treat others and ourselves.

aya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheema on Sun May 21, 2017 10:45 pm

10 commandments also universal laws like the basic laws of life, laws of creation, laws of higher awareness, and laws of higher frequency.
I live by these rules because they make me a better person, and allow me to know right from wrong.
If people did not live by rules it would be complete chaos, we'd live like savages. It would be every man for themselves x10.
Yes there are. For example, in the Islamic religion they must dress themselves in a certain way, and fast in order to purify themselves and abstain from worldly comforts, and many other things.
Yes the 10 commandments do play a role in my life. That's what I was brought up with, it was never forced on me, but even if I wasn't brought up with those rules I'd probably follow them because the majority of people in my life follow them.
I think cultures make rules because it sets a standard of what is expected from you as a person of that particular culture.
Yes. Secular codes of conduct are made by people, and what they think is best, while religious ones are from a higher power.

Sheema

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Broseph:D on Mon May 22, 2017 8:28 am

1. There are many rules to live by. Some coming from people's belief in religion like not be able to eat meat for a month and other being the common laws of a state that will keep it from failing apart. Examples would be no murdering and no stealing.
2. The rules that I live by make me safe, away from harm. A normal rule that I and any parent would have on their kids would be don't be out in late hours. If so, that could lead to being attacked and being robed.
3. Everything would be out of hand. Many people will only care for themselves and will only think about how they will manage to live in this world. This could lead to murdering and stealing. No one would be able to do anything.
4. Yes, there are different rules for different people. This would be because everyone is living in a different state of mind. Not everyone will think the same way of what's good and what's bad.
5. The ten commandments are believed to be a set of rules to be a good person. To be loved by many people so you will never be lonely ever again. Every set of rules has a different reason on why they are rule.
6. They do this because they want to spread similar rules from their belief, if they had any, to other people and the pattern keeps going until there is a certain amount of people who go by the same rules.
7. No, I do not believe that. It is the same and or similar rules to go by if a person whats to represent something to the public.

Broseph:D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mekhi on Mon May 22, 2017 11:18 am

1. I follow the moral code because it's the right thing to do
2. The rules I follow are the right rules for me because that's the way I was raised and that's the only things that I know how to live by
3. The world would be in chaos
4. Yes but most of them are the same rules
5. Yes because that's what most laws are based off of
6. So they have more rules to live off of other then the government
7.no because based upon where you are from they base there laws off of there main religion there

Mekhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Questions

Post by TheShadow on Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 am

1.)
Rule~1: Do what you want to do no matter what.

Rule~2: Always be kind.

Rule~3: Always make huge connection with people that you don't know.

Rule~4: Always be helpful to another at any cost.

Rule~5: Always to recognize your own mentality and morality.

2.) These rules allow the person to know what they can do and what they cannot do. Also giving them a path which they can follow to succeed life.

3.) If people didn't have these rules then wouldn't have anything to live by and wouldn't have any self control in ones self.

4.) Yes, there are many different rules in which a person, people, groups, society, and humanity have.

5.) My set of principles play a role for me in life, because it allows me to control myself and to be able to allow be calm and patient to getting to my goal.

6.) Cultures create rules of conduct for their members to provide them guidance in what they need to start in their life and so they can soon create their own rules or it can possibly help improve their life.

7.) Yes, I think there is a difference between religious codes of conduct and secular one, because these codes have a different role for one another rather than having the same goal.

TheShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen P on Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 am

1. The rules I live under by are The Constitution of the United States that limit one to act hurting others, also Moral and Ethic Rules that avoid someone to look forward yourself and benefit over others misfortune.

2. I have rules to live by to avoid hurting others.

3. If people would not have rules to live by everyone would be disorganized and there wouldn't be a definition of what is right and what is wrong .

4. Yes there are different rules for different people, cultures and religions because the history of each assign ideas that develop along time, ideas that become rules.

5. Ten Commandments play a role in my life because the are rules based on a moral -positive- thought, of what actions a good person don't do.

6. To keep harmony, control disagreements and don't step in the mistake that others stepped on their past.

7. Religious rules differ for secular ones because of how ideas are managed, nowadays religion is like politics, religious rules limit people to live under ignorance of the truth, not all church do that but The Vatican does. Whereas secular have to be related on what is bad and wrong (ethic).

Karen P

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Manthan21 on Mon May 22, 2017 4:55 pm

1. Most of the rules I live by are basic such as: no stealing, don't talk back, don't cheat, and also the 10 Commandments. Some other ones are, be nice, don't be rude to people, always be kind.

2. The reason why we have rules I watch me live your life to is because without rules people wouldn't be able to keep themselves and check, there would be chaos and a bunch of other things happening without any boundaries.

3. If people did not live by the rules are and be chaos, Stealing, violence.

4. Yes, there are different rules for different people, cultures, religions. Such as, I know some religions don't allow people to eat meat, and I'm a Christian so that means don't cheat. So there are different rules for different religions, cultures, people.

5. The 10 Commandments do play a role in my life, such as, because I have freedom of speech, and i know how to handle my self and follow rules

6. I think cultures create rules of conduct for their members so they can keep them in check and also make sure they're on the right path for life and have guidance of what they're supposed to do.

7. I think that there isn't really a difference between religious code of conduct in secular ones because all of the rules or conducts tell you how to live down what you need to do

Manthan21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZavionGuy on Mon May 22, 2017 5:12 pm

1) Karma, the Ten Commandments, and show kindness and generosity always.

2) So that way I can stay true to myself and now go looking for problems everywhere I go.

3) There would always be anarchy and the human race would turn into savages again.

4) Yes because the founders of the groups want the members to act a certain way because that was their vision.

5) Yes, because the Ten Commandments really help me not do anything bad and troublesome because if you steal and kill everyone will see you as an enemy.

6) So that way they can control a large amount of people and get rid of the people who cause trouble.

7) No because some secular documents and codes of conducts have religious ideas incorporated into them.

ZavionGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by donovandj1025 on Mon May 22, 2017 7:57 pm

1.I live by the 10 commandments and to always treat others the way that you would like to be treated.
2.I have rules so that it is like a guideline for everyday living. They are good examples to live a good life and stay out of trouble.
3.If people didn't live by rules life itself would be very chaotic and out of control. There would be no civility if there were no rules in the world.
4.Yes there are different rules that apply for different rules for people with different religions. Sometimes there are those who don't abide by rules and are just reckless and get in trouble often.
5.I live by the 10 Commandments and they do play a role in my life. I was raised with the set of rules and i have been living with them ever since. They are very simple rules that aren't hard to live by. These are just obvious rules that many people enforce.
6. I think that rules were made so that the group would be organized and everyone would know what would be happening and what they need to do,
7.No I do not think there is a difference between the rules. They are all pretty obvious and just general in the sense of what is right.

donovandj1025

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Question Response

Post by BrandonN on Mon May 22, 2017 8:57 pm

1. Rules I live by are do what I think is right, believe in what I want to, and respect others as you would want from them to respect you.

2. I have rules to live by because without rules there would be no order. If anyone could do what they wanted to do then we would just be savages.

3. If people did not live by rules then we would all be savages and live by survival of the fittest.

4. A persons rules are based on what they believe in, what they think is right for them to follow. Each person has their own rules.

5. I do not follow any religious rules or anything such as.

6. I believe rules of cultures are there to keep people in their places. Developed by looked up to people to make people do what they think is right, which overtime makes everyone believe the same thing.

7.Yes I do think there is a difference between religious codes of conduct and secular ones religious codes are about from your life style to food you eat while secular are more based in what you think is right.

BrandonN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Questions

Post by Zhiwei Huang on Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 pm

1. The rules I live by are the rules in which my guardian gives me and the rules of America. I also give myself common rules as to how to behave and act around others as to not disturb others.
2. Rules are to be used as restrains to keep us from spiraling out of control.
3. If there are no rules anywhere, there would most likely be absolute chaos as there will be no consequences for actions and people may do as they please.
4. Yes there are rule that vary from different religion, however in a general sense we all have the same set of rules to keep us organized and proper.
5. Yes, a lot of big laws and rules like these are what makes up the base line of rule for everyone. So Everyone has rules that overlap no matter what religion.
6. I think that cultures create their rules to fit what they believe is right and to keep everyone from doing what they do not believe is right. So people would not commit sins, or wrong doings.
7. There may be some difference in between the two codes of conduct. For example, religions tend to have people respect their figure of choice. Where as secular codes don't tend to have people worship anyone or thing. However secular and religious codes of conduct generally have pretty similar rules and restrictions.

Zhiwei Huang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Preliminary questions

Post by Chris_sawyer on Mon May 22, 2017 10:58 pm

1 I follow many rules some of them are to stay true to yourself and your friends I don't always follow some religious rules like the 10 Commandments for example the first commandment is I am The Lord thy God, as an atheist I don't believe in God but I feel that saying seems a little wrong
2 I feel like everyone should have rules either you abide to your own or someone else's because everyone needs a line in their life that they won't cross
3 if people didn't abide by rules then society would not exist government would not exist because society and government are based off of rules that everyone has to abide by, even gangs have their own rules
4 every one has their own rules for instance some religions allow you to eat pork some don't or the Constitution doesn't allow you to do certain things the bill of rights, Christianity doesn't allow you to kill another person
5 I have no specific set of rules that I got from someone else and abide by them specifically. usually like to get maybe one from someplace and another from somewhere else and have my own set of laws I like to abide by.
6 cultures create rules to stop people from doing mutiny or just stop someone from doing something wrong. And because if they had no rules than one person would kill someone else and then everyone would keep dying from murder
7 I think that some religious codes require faith for you to follow them versus secular rules you believe what you want and there's no doing what you told without a reason sometimes like in church you need to follow the 10 Commandments but there's no way to prove that god is real so you have to put it all on faith

Chris_sawyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by fwcarlitos_ on Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 am

1. The rules I live by are those that were taught to me since I have use of reason which mainly consist of the ten commandments and also gave my self rules in order to have respect for others.

2. We have rules in order to have a stability in society, to have self control and distinguish the good from the bad.

3. If people wouldn't live by rules there weren't be control in society which would've end up in absolute chaos

4. Yes, there's different rules for each different people, culture, religion , belief and etc. but I also think all rules are related in some type of way.

5. The Ten Commandments play a big role in my life because those are like basic rule in how to have stability, control and respect for others.

6.I think that cultures create their rules to have a control in society and to have sometime of power towards the people.

7. I think that religious codes of conducts and secular ones are writing differently but have similar means. I would say they have the same meaning but different ways to state that meaning.

fwcarlitos_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcelinocacho on Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 am

1. Some rules I live by would be "treat others the way you want to be treated", "everything happens for a reason" and no really a rule but a saying which is "don't make the same mistake more than once". "An eye for an eye would make the whole world go blind" - Ghandi
2. We have rules to live by in life so we can remind our selfs that eveyone is human and eveyone has feelings and to keep our selfs in check and not get out of hand.
3. If people didn't live by rules the world would be destroyed and people would be going crazy it would be a disaster.
4.i believe the rules are different for religions and the way people were raised they don't know any better.
5. The 10 commandments don't really play a role in my life I just know to treat everyone with respect from common sense I'm not really a religious man.
6.some cultures create rules because they want power over their society. This world is controlled over people with more power than others.
7. I don't think there is a difference Just one is more simplistic than the other.

Marcelinocacho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Acheson on Tue May 30, 2017 8:38 pm

1) The rules that I live by are the common rules of my religion, common manners, and the rules of my family members. I have a military based grandfather who keeps me in order 24/7.
2) I have these rules that I live by because if I were to go against them, I would have a lot of people upset with me for one reason or the other.
3) If people did not live by rules, the world would be more hectic than it already is. The purpose of rules is to have peace and harmony among everyone.
4) Yes, there are different rules for different religions and cultures. I believe that this is so that everyone gets along with each other.
5) I am not really sure if the ten commandments or other set of principles plays a role in my life. I have not had much of a conversation with family about it.
6) I think cultures make rules of conduct for their members because if every culture had the same rules of conduct, there would be a collision within the different cultures.
7) I think the difference between religious codes of conduct and secular ones is the dress codes for certain things and the different expected behaviors.

A Acheson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

premiliary questions- gilbert trinh

Post by gilbertt on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm

1. List as many "rules to live by" as you can. Rules can come from religious codes of conduct, moral philosophy experiences you have had, or any other source that has inspired you to behave in a certain way.
-I live by the rules of being mentally and physically sober. Purify my body so that when I get older I wont be heavily affected to when I messed up my body when I was in the growth youth

2. Why do you have rules by which to live your life?
- I do it for myself and for the people who care for me. so that I can keep my sanity and live up to the reputation of my family and name

3. What would happen if people did not live by rules?
- I wont live up to my name and I cant deal with the fact that my family will see me as a disappointment since I didn't set my life straight with rules

4. Are there different rules for different people, cultures, religions, etc.?
Yes some allow certain things and some do not, like for Christians are allowed to eat pork but jewish are not

5. Do the Ten Commandments - or another set of principles - play a role in your life? If so, how? If not, why not? (*Note: this is not intended to be a religious discussion).
- yes I don't l steal, commit adultery, or murder

6. Why do you think cultures create rules of conduct for their members?
- so that they can live up to what they were made for, the reputation of being able to handle it with victory and success

7. Do you think there is a difference between religious codes of conduct and secular ones? If so, what is it?
- no because many religious and secular conducts are almost the same but some fairly not like the don't steal or murder is a part of a equal conduct but cheating isn't one that they share in common

gilbertt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum